Amazing Spider-Man #87 (1970), art by John Romita, Sr.
Amazing Spider-Man Family #5 (2008), art by Ron Frenz.
One of my favorite John Romita pages — such great art, with the best of cracky Silver Age context! — as riffed by Ron Frenz. The character mirroring doesn’t entirely hold up, though you could make a case for young MJ and her clone-daughter April being the black sheep characters of their respective casts. Older MJ, meanwhile, is standing with her daughter May, in a position-switch from Gwen standing with her father.
- patpattycakes reblogged this from fumettimarvel
- fumettimarvel reblogged this from fuckyeahspiderwife
- zuppadivetro likes this
- fygwenandmj reblogged this from fuckyeahspiderwife
- mychaloh likes this
- shorthandincrayon likes this
- sinkthedutchman reblogged this from skalja
- skalja reblogged this from i-wakeupstrange and added:
- dorksidefiker likes this
- i-wakeupstrange reblogged this from skalja and added:
- i-wakeupstrange likes this
- we-are-in-it likes this
- sonyak32 likes this
- gorgons likes this
- latkje likes this
- thewherefores likes this
- sensationalwebslinger likes this
- danman007 likes this
- idratherbeloislane likes this
- ugly773 reblogged this from fuckyeahspiderwife
- fuckyeahspiderwife posted this